Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Colorado

I spent the last week in Colorado, at three different locations. I went to Keystone Ski resort, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Boulder.

I went to Keystone because of the nice scenery. It was 9000 feet above sea level and there were some "small" mountains nearby. Keystone was a ski resort but since it was in the middle of summer, there was no snow. On the first day, I explored the nearby area, which had a small creek called Snake river. The second day, I hiked up Keystone mountain. It took me about 2 hours to hike 2000 feet. I did not take the path and went directly up the side of the mountain. The third day, I went boating on Lake Dillon and fished. I also visited Breckenridge, a small town that was pretty cool.

When I visited Rocky Mountain National Park, I stayed at Grand Lake. Grand Lake was another small town. It was in between two lakes called Lake Granby and Grand Lake. I stayed at the Historic Rapids Lodge and Restaurant. It had three cabins and a larger building that had rooms in it. It also had a nice restaurant that was on the Tonahutu creek. The National Park was also pretty cool. There were a lot of different animals. I saw a coyote, a couple of elk, a couple of deer, two buffaloes, a Stellar's Jay, a lot of chipmunks, some marmots, and some pikas. I had never seen a coyote or marmots or pikas before. The animals were probably used to humans being around them so some would come up to you and just stay there. There was one road that went through the park but there were many "pull over" points where you could stop and see the wildlife. There were lots of small lakes such as Bear lake.

Boulder was a nice place that had a pretty downtown. The downtown had a small "park" and some sculptures and stuff. I also went to Denver. Denver was ok. Half of the roads were blocked up and all the people looked like they were homeless. The only cool thing about Denver was the big blue bear. It was outside the convention center and it was looking into it. There were lots of old pianos lying around on the streets

No comments:

Post a Comment