Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aladdin's Eatery

Yesterday night I went to a charming restaurant inside the Brier Creek shopping plaza. It was called Aladdin's Eatery. When I went inside, the lamps and the walls gave a quaint but modern picture of a Middle Eastern location. The food was great. I never had Lebanese food before and the hostess was very nice. I ordered a 'Kibbie Platter'. I was skeptical at first from the waiter's description. "They're just like mini footballs stuffed with beef and rice, you'll like them", she said. I ordered it, as I had never tried it before. The food preparation time was reasonable and I surveyed the surroundings. It was nice and clean, a bit spartan here and there but the tan walls and lamps reminded me of a place in Morocco. The restrooms were nice and the food, the food was wonderful. The Kibbie platter was great. The Kibbies themselves were awesome. When you put it into your mouth, the full flavor of the beef and rice make a bold statement that stands out. The pita and hummus was great as well. I would recommend that they put a bit more meat in and take out some of the vegetable in the platter. Overall, I would give this place a 4.9 out of 5 stars. All that was flawed was the price. It was a bit pricey. Slice of 3 bucks from each meal and it would be a 5 out of 5. My favorite dishes were the lamb and the kibbies.


Overall View.

Great food, clean atmosphere, but a bit over priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment