Saturday, September 24, 2011

Virginia Creeper Biking




I went to the southwest corner of Virginia, near Damascus, to go biking. Why? There is a path known as the Virginia Creeper. It used to be a railroad but the ties and stuff were taken out and replaced with gravel. It was a slightly downhill ride and it was cool. There were a couple of stops along the way and a big stop and rest area in the middle. The trail itself is 50 miles long but I only biked 17 miles of it. There were some places where it was bumpy and there were others where there would be a big rock sticking out and I would hit it and my head would snap back. The foliage was nice but not colorful and the bridges were also nice. There was the occasional pedestrian but it was mainly a bike trail. In the beginning, the gravel was very soft so I slipped for some time but didn't fall. For some time, the Creeper followed a small stream and then it would go past a deep valley full of trees. It was a very nice sight to relax and exercise. I stopped in Damascus.

No comments:

Post a Comment