Monday, August 2, 2010

Zoo Atlanta- Parakeets.

The parakeet place was probably the coolest place in the zoo. It had hundreds of parakeets and you could feed them seed sticks that were one dollar each. However, I became more cautious because I saw a little girl and she got pooped on. The parakeets mere mostly green and yellow but there were some blue and all white ones. You could hold the seed stick close to them and they would nibble on them. They ate soooo slow! When 30 minutes passed, they still hadn't finished the seed stick! Some times, when they were scattered around the trees, they would suddenly fly to one corner and form a green and blue rainbow on the netting. They were very cute. There was a green one that looked like he had a beard so I called him the "king". The "King" did not want to eat from my seed stick.

Next to the parakeet place, there was a warthog place and there were 4 warthogs in there. They looked like Pumba in the movie the Lion King. They were not very smelly at all.

I liked the red pandas , the komodo dragon, and the pandas the most. The red panda was sleeping but you could automatically tell that they were super cute. He was more dull orange than red and was like a rug because he was spread out. The komodo dragon was cool because he looked so ugly and fearsome. He had a long tail that was scaly and a ugly head that looked liked a giant lizard head. He was resting. The pandas I liked most because they just looked really cuddly and cute. One was sleeping and the other one was eating bamboo. It was almost human like how it ate. They were fatter than I thought and very sad looking. They looked very, very sad. I saw a thing that talked about the pandas trip from China to the US. They said that they had first class cabins but when I looked at the "cabin" they were in, it was just a cage the size of a cardboard box!

There were also some rides that we did such as the train. We did the train and figured out that since we had wristbands, it was free so we stayed on 16 times! Then, we went to the merry go round which we rode on 4 times and then we went to the rock wall. The rock wall was very tall so I was kind of scared the first time. I almost went to the top but fell! I fell! Well, there was an automatic belay system that made the fall enjoyable and I felt that I was flying.

1 comment:

  1. Very good one. I like the way you structure your story. I will read it again and put more comments.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete