Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today we sent our friend's son's luggage to Duke University. It was the Orientation day so the police blocked up the whole street for like half an hour and so everybody got out of their cars and waited to save gas. Once the line started moving, we drove to his dorm. His dorm was bigger than a camp tent and had room for two people and their stuff. I thought that college dorms would just be as small and uncomfortable as a camp tent. But, I was wrong. I think I would like the dorms and the bathrooms are quite clean, despite the fact that 6 people have to share it. He came from San Diego. I think that it would be very uncomfortable inside an airplane from California to here. I would prefer going to a college close to home so that I could visit some time and it wouldn't be that uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Well, everybody needs some kind of crazy experiences in their life. Believe it or not, everybody does. College/school is one of the best time for that. You do not have to worry about your next meal, next place to sleep or next job. When seeing my friends preparing their kids to go to college or school, I always though about our time. We took trains, some times several days on train. It was lucky if we did not have to switch trains. When I first went to a far away city to school my dad went there with me. It took us more than 40 hours to reach there. As you know schools start in early fall, it was still hot! There was no AC, I could not remember if we had a window seats or not. Passengers have to sit there sleep, most of the times there were passengers standing there or sitting on the floors. Man it is hard for me to think about that today. I survived that and even some more harsh occasions.

    ReplyDelete